Direct Method Italian Program
The direct method emerged in the 1890’s and is also known as the “natural method”. It focuses on teaching language learners to genuinely communicate in their second language. We use very little translation and prefer to explain and communicate directly in Italian explaining vocabulary through visual aids and miming.
Our Partner, Direct Language Lab provide the resources we need to successfully deliver this program. They use the foundational direct method teaching methodology combined with their more up to date, modern content to deliver a range of books, apps and online programs to enable effective and efficient second language acquisition.
How is DIRECT Method for Italian different from other direct methods?
The direct method helps learners to study and develop two most important language skills: speaking and listening comprehension.
These new Direct Method course books are a completely new series which contain a lot of new material as well as modern vocabulary and grammar exercises.
Libro 1, 2, 3 and 4 are now available and more books to be published soon.
Key features of the coursebooks:
- interesting questions in natural, contemporary Italian,
- coursebooks produced by Direct Language Lab making use of a vast number of questions enabling Students to easily remember new vocabulary more efficiently and use it in numerous contexts (various applications, grammar structures, collocations),
- user-friendly graphics and page-layout facilitating work with the coursebook,
- numerous grammar exercises,
- communication exercises.
A complete system for teaching and learning Italian:
- Student’s Book: 1-4,
- MP3 files for each Student’s Book,
- exercise sections at the end of each module,
- Teacher’s Book: 1-4,
- a set of exams at the end of each stage of learning,
- placement test.